A Guide to Buying Orthotics
If you are looking for orthotics, you’ve come to the right place. Here at Fritzy Feet, we will be sharing an article about a buying guide for orthotics. If you want to learn more information, we recommend that you continue reading below to find out.
What are Orthotics?
1. Off-the-shelf orthotics are also known as arch supports. Prefabricated orthotics are commonly found in retail stores such as pharmacies, department stores, shoe stores, and sports stores. This type of orthotics is a non-custom device which is designed to provide support to the arch of the foot and help distribute the pressure and weight of the individual on the foot.
2. Custom orthotics are specially made for each person depending on their foot size, condition, shape, activity level, and are usually created by podiatrists. Custom-made orthotics are effective in preventing pain and injury on a person’s foot. Orthotics are not created to fill in a shoe, so it is necessary to choose a shoe with extra depth and an insole that can be removed. Orthotics are recommended to be used as much as possible to protect your feet from pain and injury.
Sandals that have removable insoles can be used with custom orthotics. Custom orthotics for sandals can help you become comfortable and remain at ease even if you spend a long day on your feet, whether you are working at the office or when you have a day off and you get to spend time with yourself.
3. Ankle foot orthotics are a type of brace created to control the ankle joint motion and also provide support for your feet. One type of AFO, the functional AFO, is manufactured to control the foot and ankle while offering comfort and a better shoe fit than other braces in the market. This type of orthotic is custom made and created depending on the foot and ankle of the person. It also comes with a custom foot orthotic attached to a semi-rigid ankle brace. This type of brace can control the motion of the ankle joint and major joints of the foot.
The AFO is sometimes recommended by medical practitioners for reasons such as severe flatfoot, foot or ankle painful motion, or an unstable ankle. With its controlling motion, the brace can improve the ankles’ function, reduces pain, and improves comfort at the same time.
The brace is custom made to fit the foot and ankle of the individual so that it will hug the ankle comfortably. This allows the brace to fit in shoes better than other braces found in the market. It will require stable lace-up shoes, so always remember to purchase your shoes after you have the brace fitted.
Who Needs Orthotics?
Orthotics are usually required by individuals who need additional foot support or for those who need to correct certain foot problems. Wearing orthotics is not just limited to older individuals, even younger people need them too. Children, athletes, and workers who spend long periods standing on their feet can also wear orthotics so that they can be comfortable and prevent the pain or discomfort associated with standing for a long time.
Orthotics can also be worn by those who do not have any foot issues because there are types of shoes that can cause pain and discomfort especially those that are designed poorly and manufactured from low-quality materials. If you need help with orthotics and you want to learn more about them, make sure to visit Fritzy Feet.
What Are the Benefits of Wearing Orthotics?
- Custom orthotics can keep your feet comfortable even after long periods of walking, running, or standing.
- Custom orthotics can reduce pain in the ankle, foot, and leg.
- Custom orthotics can help reduce pressure and distribute it throughout the entire foot and prevent pain in the foot and ankle.
- Custom orthotics can help improve the balance of an individual by giving the feet enough support to function properly.
- Custom orthotics can help improve athletic performance and reduce the risk of injury or pain during competitions.
- Custom orthotics can provide proper foot support. Orthotics are manufactured to have a sturdy base; they provide support on the heel and arch while providing comfortable cushioning that helps protect the feet after long periods of walking, standing, or running.
- Custom orthotics protects the foot and minimizes the risk of rolling the ankle. With proper foot alignment, it can prevent pronation, supination, and other issues that can affect your feet.
- Custom orthotics can prevent any pain, discomfort, or problem on your feet. Orthotics are designed to keep your foot well-rested and keep you happy even after a long day at work.
What to Consider When Searching for Orthotics
- Cushioning – If you are looking for soft orthotics, especially if you have medical problems like diabetes, plantar fasciitis, or blood circulation issues, you can choose an extra thick insole that allows it to mold around your feet.
Materials made from memory foam make for great padding that will protect your foot from the pressure and impact of walking and prevent any circulation problems that can be common in regular shoes. A well-cushioned shoe will help with bunions, mallet toe, plantar fasciitis, and other medical conditions that can cause the feet to become sensitive to pain. The cushioning will provide protection and act as a buffer for your toes and the rest of the feet.
- Support – Shoes with cushioning is not an ideal choice for individuals who spend a long time standing and using their feet. Examples are athletes like runners, nurses, medical staff, sales representatives, and other professionals who will need proper support on their feet as they spend a long time on their feet.
The arches of the feet need support, which takes the form of an insole that can help distribute the pressure from walking across the foot and also align the ankle and lower back. If you spend long periods on your feet, you must consider orthotics that can also offer support and not just cushion on your feet.
Frequently Asked Questions about Orthotics
1. What are the medical conditions that will benefit from wearing or using orthotics?
Here are some of the conditions that will benefit from using orthotics: Achilles Tendonitis, Ankle Sprains, Arch Pain, Bunions, Corns, Flat Feet, Heel Pain, Knee Pain, Metatarsalgia, Plantar Fasciitis, etc.
Individuals who have an imbalance on their feet are prone to have an altered bony structure of feet and legs. By wearing orthotics, it can help prevent posture issues, foot, ankle, and leg pain. Pronation and supination can cause a lot of problems on the feet, ankle, legs, knees, and hips. Wearing orthotics can help prevent deformity, issues, or injury. It can also stop the progress or prevent any problems or issues that can occur.
2. When can you wear your orthotics?
Orthotics can be worn all the time. It can be worn while standing, walking, or running. For athletes who suffer from pain while doing or performing sports, orthotics can help decrease the pain and provide them with long-lasting comfort. Individuals who are overweight benefit from using shoe insoles as it can help them properly distribute the stress and pressure directed on their feet.
Since the feet support the body you must give it a lot of attention. You must keep it healthy and free from any discomfort or pain. You should only trust a shop like Fritzy Feet to provide you with comfortable footwear and orthotics that can keep your feet comfortable and happy even after staying on your feet for a long time. Take the time to find the right support for your feet so that you will have a comfortable day even after working long hours in your job.
At Fritzy Feet, we are dedicated to helping our clients find the right fit for their feet. We know the importance of having great shoes that are comfortable while staying on your feet for long periods, allow us to help you find your perfect fit and you can check out our shop for something that will fit your needs. If you want to check the available shoes for women and men, please do so. Please let us know if you are searching for something specific, we will do our best to help you out.
Are you looking for a shop that offers orthotics? You came to the right place, Fritzy Feet is located in Denver, Colorado. We are offering supportive and comfortable footwear and orthotics. We have been serving our clients’ needs since 2004.
We have employed certified pedorthists that can help with your footwear needs, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us. You can give us a call at 303-343-4444 or send us an email at our email address email@example.com. Our address is 2243 S Monaco Parkway, Suite 110, Denver, Colorado 80222. Contact us today! We would love to hear from you and we will do our best to help you with any of your footwear concerns and inquiries.